Black Marker Black Hole

I'm pretty sure it's not just me.  Why do the black markers always seem to disappear or run out of ink MUCH earlier than the rest?!  I can't stand it.  I can't tell you how many times my kids would come up to me...

"Mrs. Hughes!!!  My black marker is missing!  Waaaahhhh (Snooki voice)."

"Mrs. Hughes, my black marker is dead."  

They all assumed I had a secret-magical-endless supply of black markers somewhere.  Not.

Here's my fix:
 

Expo dry-erase markers!  Or any off-brand version.  Expo's were on the kid's school supply list and in abundance around our room.  So, we used them for black marker replacements.  You can buy them in bulk (skinny or fat tips) instead of buying a pack of markers for one black.  I also used these all the time when I made posters.  I like the using Expo's and the Mr. Sketch smelly ones (although I have a problem with those... especially the purple one... mmmmm delicious) a little more than Crayola.  A darker black.
Sanford Mr Sketch Scented Watercolor Marker 
Mr. Sketch now sells bulk packs of black too! 

{ashley}lllllllllllllll

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...