squirt bottles + ice cube trays = love
I can't tell you how much I love this. I found packs of these clear squirt bottles at Target in the kitchen supply area (a lot of other stores have them as well). I bought 12 and made sure I had enough for each color (including pink, skin colors, and gray). I also labeled the outside with the color names.
Why I love it:
- less paint wasted
- kids were independent and would only squirt out a little of each color they needed... then a little more if they needed it
- less 'mixing' of colors
- no dried up paint if we didn't use it during the week
- I only needed to get the gallon size paint bottles out when the squirt bottles got low
- Ice cube trays fit perfectly into the easel rack
- only one paintbrush needed per side... they rinsed with water in between color changes
Also, when we learned about mixing colors in science I only left the red, yellow, blue, white, and black bottles out. They had to learn how to make their own colors. Hahaha......